New to Yoga/ Meditation or new to the studio?
Student etiquette & studio policy
- If your coming from work please take the time to use the studio bathroom to freshen up before entering the studio & removing any perfume applied or cologne during the day or mornnig. Some people are sensitive to strong smells and remember everyone is trying to breathe deeply!
- Strong Bodily odour can be offensive especially in Yoga & highly distracting during class so please shower before coming to class in clean work out wear & perfably cotton tops that are breathable.
- Please apply a low scented Deodrant Spray before all classes & or after showering.
- It’s best to empty your bladder and ideally the bowels before the class begins and come to class on an empty stomach. A light snack 1 hour before or full mean at least 2hours before class starts is ideal for practcing Yoga.
- Before entering the Yoga sanctuary please leave your shoes just outside on the shoe rack and enter the studio barefoot & very quietly.
- Please leave your mobile phones completely off & left in the storage spaces provided outside the studio door. This is really important to us. Phones ringing and buzzing near the studio during practice can be very disruptive and besides, class is an excellent chance to switch off from the rest of the world. If you forget and your phone rings, please go out side quietly & switch it off straight away to minimise disruption.
- ALL belongings inlcuding Car Key(s), hand bags and jackets are to be left in the storage space allocated just before entering the Yoga room the front entrance is locked during the class time.
- Please refrain from wearing Jewlery that is heavy & or noisy that could be distracting while we are moving, twisting & forward folding. It is better to wear as little jewlery as possible to Yoga.
- As a general rule, please respect the teacher and students; and the studio as a space for retreat, calm relaxation, sanctuary, a place for reflection and meditation. Pleasee pop your hand up Quietly if you require assistants or come out of the pose if you wish to sit out the pose. We are unable to accomdate calling out or speaking out in class, as it is highly distractive to the practice & other students & teacher in the class in deep thought and concentration.
- Please insure you arrive on time or at least 10 minutes before class. The doors to the front entrance are stictly locked no later than 2 minutes after your sheduled class start has started.
- Please try to hydrate thirty minutes prior to practice and afterwards, not during. Not only can this create noise, drinking cools the body down and impedes the bodily heat transfer that yoga generates, which is ultimately one of the goals of practice.
- Some people view yoga as having a spiritual dimension. This is not for everyone; however, we welcome and respect any person’s reason for attending class whether it is for fitness, strength, flexibility, meditation or mindfulness – or a combination of all of the above.
- Yoga is not just for the bendy or the buff. There is a Yoga practice for everyone and while many of the classes will increase strength and flexibility, it can also just simply be about moving, breathing, quieting the mind and getting to know your body. Always check with your Doctor before starting any new or returning back to any Physical activity if you are unsure if Yoga or Meditation is right for you.
- Do you cater for beginners & all levels? I am new to Yoga & or Meditation
Yes! sure do, we cater for all levels and because our class do not exceed 15 in a class for Yoga & 20 for Meditation classes. Your highly trained teacher is aware of & provides different skill levels & variations of poses to help all students in their practice.
- I can’t do what everyone else can, is this right for me?
Every body is different so the odds are no two poses will look the same. Honor your body and just do what feels good. If it does not feel good, ask the teacher for help
IAlways Seek medical advice from your health care provider if starting or coming back to Yoga if you are unsure practicing is right for you, It is important to inform your teacher of your condition prior to the class so that they can modify the asana (poses) to suit your condition!
- Can I attend casually or trial classes & how much do your classes cost? Our classes run full entire term, we break on school holidays.
- This is a boutique studio class sizes do not exceed 15 students in a class our students comfirm a weekly regular class.
if you need to miss your regular class no worries, you can absentee out 2 hours in advance ONLINE ONLY THROUGH A LOGIN WE GIVE YOU AT THE START OF TERM & look for a make up class during the term. Not applicable for meditation classes on Monday nights.
- STUDENT CLASS INVESTMENT
General Yoga classes run for 70 minutes & fees are $250 per term on average.
We can send you availability, start dates for our next classes on request please email us direct to express interest! Classes also run Monday to Saturday mornings & evenings. No drop ins or split terms for any reason. Plus be granted access to enjoy some bonus classes during the term no extra charge (Some conditions apply) Saving you $
Prenatal Yoga & Preparation for Birth classes
10 weeks $297 - 75 minute classes - always check with your care giver before starting any new physical activity
10 week block $170 for 45 minute classes.
- Payments for classes & full terms and conditions!
Pre payment for classes are in advance before you begin for term or classes you are offered; we except Visa & MasterCard for payments online through booing registration once a class spot is offered to you for the current or next term! Sales are final. Payment & Full studio terms and conditions here.
- What type of styles of Yoga do we practice in the studio?
If in a yoga class except yoga core and prenatal yoga which are specific to the name suggest, our students enjoy the blend of hatha & Vinyasa yoga, each week we theme our classes to take our students through the many benefits of yoga, for example one week we will practice a class which includes health benefits for dealing with stress, then another week finding more courage, balance etc.! Every week is new and exciting! We cater for beginners all the way up!
- Where are you located?
Please note once enrolled you will be sent an invoice confirming your place in the studio for classes, the starts dates, address of studio etc is all on your invoice as well as on our contact page! This is a private studio, please note we do not except drop ins to classes (limited spots and pre booked) please insure you have booked online before attending group classes in the studio in advance online.
- Do you offer site tour of the studio?
Unfortunately no, we run classes during various time and days and are unable to show you through! however if you would like to get a great idea of the ambience of the studio feel free to visit our photo's page on our website link.
Do you cater for Pregnant women?
Yes, to all of the above. Our Saturday 9.20am & Wed 6:30pm Prenatal class is the only class. We cater from any trimester to full term or overdue students. Classes are subject to availability, always chat with a doctor before starting a new activity & kept your yoga teacher know anything that maybe important for your practice. We understand that you can not predict when you will become pregnant so if this is occurring and you are in a non parental yoga class during your first trimester we would be happy to move you through to a prenatal class if we are not full in Prenatal Yoga or your welcome to stay in a normal class during your first trimester beyond this time a prenatal yoga class will be offered to you for trimester 2 & 3 if available.
If I am attending a normal yoga class and I become Pregnant what then?
If you are in the early stages of Pregnancy and find out while attending our normal classes, you are welcome to practice until 12 weeks along in your first trimester. However, the teacher must be informed before your next class and also please let the studio know via email. Your teacher is happy to make slight variations for your practice during that current term you are booked in for. We will then offer you a spot for the next term in a Prenatal Yoga class to practice in your 2nd & 3rd trimester & wait list you for the next term. Prenatal class on Saturdays
- What is the minimum age of attending classes in the studio?
We welcome 16 years & up if a student wishes to attend that is 16 or 17 they will be required to be accompanied by a parent or guardian who is also booked into the same class.
- Health fund rebates may apply after completion of classes.
Please refer to our page on Health funds to receive further information. Health fund page link.
- I have tried to book my spot & when I got to the Payment page an era message came up, or a blank screen can you help?
All systems are working fine from our end. If you are trying to book in on your WIFI, sometimes your Wi-Fi is running slow and the payment will time out which won't charge or book you in. So we suggest using 4g if you in counter that problem while using the internet on your devices to then successfully book in if space still available.
Thank you for taking the time to read our company policy & Faq sheet
The Team Taylors Hill Natural Therapies & Yoga