Prenatal Yoga & Preparation for birth classes
Your 70 minute classes includes below all these inclusions
Part one of class -Physical prenatal yoga practice
Dominique will be Leading you through a variety of 40 minute yoga sequences weekly designed specifically for Pregnancy with postures to address and relieve the common discomforts of pregnancy; relaxation techniques and breathing exercises to ease fear and anxiety; abdominal and pelvic floor toning to enhance postnatal recovery, enjoy soothing essential oils sprays for Pregnancy & calm.
Part two of class - Well informed & practical preparation for birth activities
In the second part of your weekly class we will spend around 25 to 30
minutes turning our attention & learning Yoga postures, breath wortk &
very practical meditation to help you through the stage's of labour & delivery.
Be confident and well prepared with these amazing sessions.
We offer 2 classes per week Saturdays 9.25am & Wednesday 6.30pm -attend one or both classes -very flexible (PRE BOOKING ESSENTIAL)
Fees & passes available at our book now button
BONUS TAKE HOME NOTES
You will also be given all the take home notes to use in your delivery room via email around week 7 of classes. In addition to the practice and learning of these material in class feel free to practice this with your birthing partner at home in preparation for birth as well.
This class is beneficial at anytime during pregnancy. No prior yoga experience required.
We offer limited spaces in either our Wednesday's 6.30pm & or Saturday's 9.25am Prenatal Yoga classes.
Health fund rebates may also apply if Yoga is in your policy, see Health funds
We would love to help you move through this exciting stage of your life with better health, calm, strength, tone, relaxation & all the tools to move through your Pregnancy & birthing experience with support from like minded Women.
Mum of 2, experienced Senior Yoga, Prenatal Yoga trained & qualified Teacher Dominique will lead you through these very supportove classes.
After finishing teacher training & becoming fully qualified for Prenatal yoga a while back. IT’s is my responsibility & duty to lead our beautiful Mums in practices that are designed for the ever changing body, mind & spirit safely for expecting Mums. Our courses are now moving into our 5th year in the studio & I am extremely proud to say this term we are helping our 300+Th Mumma to be since 2014.
Research suggests that prenatal yoga can:
- Improve sleep
- Reduce stress and anxiety
- Increase the strength, flexibility and endurance of muscles needed for childbirth
- Decrease lower back pain, nausea, carpal tunnel syndrome symptoms, headaches and shortness of breath
Prenatal yoga can also help you meet and bond with other pregnant women and prepare for the stress of being a new parent.
What happens during a typical prenatal yoga class?
A typical prenatal yoga class might involve:
- Breathing. You'll be encouraged to focus on breathing in and out slowly and deeply through the nose. Prenatal yoga breathing techniques might help you reduce or manage shortness of breath during pregnancy and work through contractions during labor.
- Gentle stretching. You'll be encouraged to gently move different areas of your body, such as your neck and arms, through their full range of motion.
- Postures. While standing, sitting or lying on the ground, you'll gently move your body into different positions aimed at developing your strength, flexibility and balance. Props — such as blankets, cushions and belts — might be used to provide support and comfort.
- Cool down and relaxation. At the end of each prenatal yoga class, you'll relax your muscles and restore your resting heart rate and breathing rhythm. You might be encouraged to listen to your own breathing, pay close attention to sensations, thoughts and emotions, or repeat a mantra or word to bring about a state of self-awareness and inner calm.
Benefits of Prenatal Yoga:
- Facilitates labor and natural birth
- Improved sleep
- Reduced stress
- Increased strength, flexibility and endurance
- Decreased lower back pain
- Decreased nausea- Better blood circulation (decreasing swellings)
- Breathwork practice calms mama
41 Loddon Drive Taylors Hill. This is a private boutique studio BY APPOINTMENT ONLY IN ADVANCE ONLINE - NO WALK INS
VISIT OUR PHOTO GALLERY BELOW
If you would like to see what our clinic & studio looks like feel free to check out our PHOTO GALLERY
All Natural Therapies, Yoga & Meditation classes are here to compliment Western health services and not to replace them. Please consult your doctor or health care provider before beginning new treatments & or physical activities .
Do you have a specific question about our group classes?
Jump into our very helpful FAQ SHEET HERE
Sign up for our mailing list, for news, articles, events and more
Please click here to register on Our mailing list. You will be sent announcements throughout the year about Taylors Hill Natural Therapies & Yoga events and other news & views.
Which service or service's would you like help with? Simply press on the box below & request a booking.
Once your appointment has been confirmed your appointment will be at 41 Loddon Drive Taylors Hill. No walk ins please.